Telephone call recording is strictly regulated in the following states of the United States of America to safeguard the privacy of telephone users. The two-party consent law requires the consent of every party to a phone call or conversation to make the recording lawful. Hence, Koncert has provided an option to prohibit the call recording for those 2 Party Consent states requiring 2 party consent.
NOTE: This information is strictly for reference purposes and is accurate at the point of publication. Please consult state laws before recording a conversation or phone call.
- New Hampshire
Call recording for the Two Party States will be initiated or prohibited based on the below Two Party Consent Settings enabled for the user (by Koncert Support) as requested and the User & Prospect locations.
NOTE: By default, the Two Party Consent Settings will be 'Either Location'.
To avoid or prohibit the call recording of the prospects in the Two Party Consent States, enable the option 'Record User Audio only' in the Call Recordings » Permissions sub-tab for the users. Only Managers and users with admin permission can view and access the Call Recordings » Permissions sub-tab.
Below you can find how to enable the 'Record User Audio only' option for the users:
- Go to Call Recordings » Permission sub-tab.
- Select the checkbox under the 'Record User Audio only' column for the user(s) for whom only the Talker side calls are to be recorded.
- The tooltip information below will be displayed when hovering over the icon, next to Record User Audio only.
- The Record User Audio Only checkbox will be selected automatically when the Record Calls checkbox is selected.
- Upon selecting this option, only talker side calls will be recorded but not the prospect side when dialing to Two Party Consent States, as shown in the below table.
- Calls recorded on the Talker side will be stored and listed in the Call Recordings » Call Recordings sub-tab window. Click on the ‘Play’ icon below the prospect details to play the recorded call.
Also, the status of each call recording will be displayed with one sided or two sided arrows next to the prospect's name, based on the above settings.
Refer to the article How do I use Call Recording as a Manager? for detailed information on how to play and rate the recorded calls.
Please contact Koncert Support for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-952-2505.
NOTE: The information provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as a legal advice. Please consult your legal counsel regarding compliance with relevant laws.