Email Touch is used to send emails to prospects. There are two types of Email Touches available in Cadence. They are as follows:
- Auto Email – Used to send emails automatically to the prospects without manual intervention
- Personalize Email – Used to preview the email content before sending it to prospects
Below you can find how to create an Email Touch:
- In the View Cadence window, click the Email Touch button at the top-right of the page.
- After the Add Email Touch window pops up, provide the General Info details and define the Workflow Action(s).
- Time to wait and Execute – If you do not want your email to send right away, please choose how long you would like to wait for the email to send. This can be chosen in minutes/hours/days.
- Choose Templates – Select a pre-defined email template by clicking on the Search icon . Search and select the desired Email templates (maximum of 5 Templates) from the Search Email Templates window that was created in the Templates tab. Click Select.
a. You can select a maximum of 5 Email Templates for an Email Touch. An alert message below will be displayed when trying to add more than 5 Templates:
b. You can also create and add an Email Template on your own for an Email Touch by clicking the icon under the Choose Templates field, as shown below:
Upon clicking the icon, the Create Email Template window will be displayed, where you can create your own Email Template. After entering the required details, click Save to save the Email Template and add the template to the active Email Touch.
c. It is not mandatory to select any Email Template(s) in order to save. Cadences with an Email Touch that do not have any Email Template added will be indicated by the icon to the right of the Cadence name in the Cadences tab.
d. The icon will also be displayed to the right of the respective Email Touch(es) in the View Cadence window » Touches tab.
- Email Touch Type – Select the email touch type from the dropdown. The available options are:
o New Email – Choose to send a new Email to the prospect
o Reply Email – Choose to send a follow-up reply email with a parent email maintaining the email thread so prospects will have access to the previous email
NOTE: The Reply Email option will not be available for your first Email Touch.
For the consecutive Email touches, you can choose a different Email Touch Type.
- Personalize Email before send – Select this option to preview the email content before sending it to the prospects. The emails will be logged in the To Do tab when the touch is ready to be completed.
Upon selecting this option, the Select Schedule Type and Choose a Schedule field will be replaced with Maximum Time to complete the Touch field. Select the maximum time you wish for the prospects to stay in the To Do tab (in minutes/hours/days) for preview. If the touch is not completed in that time frame, the emails will fall under the touch outcome - ‘Fall Through’. They will then be moved to the next touch.
- Select Schedule Type – Select the schedule type from the following to schedule and send the Email:
o Send by execution schedule – Select to send the Email based on the pre-defined schedule selected in the Choose a Schedule dropdown (created under Settings » Email Execution Schedule)
o Send by Exact Date/Time – Select to schedule and send the Email on an exact date/time & Timezone field
Move Prospects to next touch when the time exceeds – This option will be displayed upon selecting the Schedule Type 'Send by exact date/time'. Select to move the prospects (assigned to this scheduled Email Touch) to the next touch automatically when the touch execution fails due to any technical issue.
a. If there is no further/next touch in the current Cadence, the prospects will be exited from the Cadence.
b. Also, if cadences with an Email Touch whose scheduled date/time has already passed will be indicated by the icon to the right of the Cadence name in the Cadences tab.
Define Workflow Action(s)
After completing the General Info section, click Define Email Workflows link at the bottom to display the Workflow Actions, where you can assign the appropriate action that will be performed for each email outcome.
The following are the default actions available under the dropdown for each Email Outcome:
- Exit Cadence – Select to exit the prospect(s) from the cadence.
- Move to Next Touch – Select to move the prospect(s) to the next touch, e.g. Call Touch
- Move to Another Cadence – Select to move the prospect(s) to another cadence. Once you have selected this option, a dropdown field will be enabled to select a cadence that the prospect will be moved to.
NOTE: When the option 'Move to Another Cadence' is selected, the prospect will be moved from the current Cadence and moved to the Cadence selected.
- Click Save to save the Email touch.
- The Email Touch Info will be displayed as shown below:
NOTE: If an Email touch has a scheduled date/time, a Scheduler icon will be displayed next to the Email Touch, as shown below:
Please contact Koncert Support for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-952-2505.