A/B testing (also known as split testing) is a testing strategy to compare two or more different email templates and determine which Email Templates produce the best results. Based on the result, you can use the Email template which yields more business for you.
This method aids to validate changes to an email which improves your open rate, click rate, or reply rate before you mark that template as the permanent option.
Creating an A/B Test
Below you will be shown how to execute an A/B Test in TruCadence:
- Search and add your Email Templates to an Email Touch in a Cadence by clicking the Search icon in the Add Email Touch window.
- You can add a maximum of 5 Email Templates for testing.
It is recommended to add a higher number of prospects for A/B testing to determine the best email template(s). When adding prospects to an Email Touch (in a Cadence) with A/B testing, you can either have ConnectLeader automatically select the templates for the prospects in even volumes or you can manually select the template that you would like to use.
After the execution of an email touch, you will begin to notice one template perform better than the others. You can track the performance of the email templates in the Email Templates tab, in the following ways:
By looking at the statistics on the right side of the templates – Sent, Opened, Replied, and Clicked
Performance of an Individual Template
Below you will be shown how to track and view the performance of an individual template:
- In the Email Templates tab, click on the Template Performance Analysis icon to the right of the template for which you want to view the performance.
- The Graphical Bar Chart showing the performance of the selected template based on the status.
NOTE: From the above chart, you can also view the best Cadence ('Cadence Em...') among all the Cadences using the same Email Template, based on the highest touch outcomes.
Top 10 Email Templates
Below you will be shown how to view the performance of the Top 10 Templates in the list. This has been derived based on the Email Replied count.
- In the Email Templates tab, click on the Performance Analysis button above the grid.
- The Performance Analysis of Top 10 Templates window will be displayed where you can view the Graphical Bar Chart showing the performance of Top 10 Templates in the list.
To view the performance of each email template status (sent, links clicked, opened, and replied), hover your mouse on the color legends and the count will be displayed.
NOTE: You can also view the best email template (Sample Template 1) among all the templates that are added to a Cadence by email touch by clicking the Show Graph icon in the Cadence » View Cadence » Overview tab.
Please contact ConnectLeader Support for any questions at email@example.com or 603-952-2505.