The Resume Prospect(s) feature is to resume the paused prospect(s). Once the prospects have been resumed, all the scheduled pending activities of the prospects will be processed.
Below you can find how to resume the paused prospect(s) activity in a Cadence, on behalf of the user:
- In the Prospects tab, select your user from the User(s) dropdown.
- Navigate to the Paused tab and select the paused prospect(s) that you wish to resume.
- Then, click on the Action dropdown above the grid and select the option Resume.
NOTE: You can resume the paused prospects individually by clicking the Resume icon on the floating toolbar when hovering over a prospect, as shown below:
- A confirmation message will be displayed as shown below, to resume the selected prospect(s) activities, on behalf of your user.
NOTE: You can see the message “Resume Prospect(s) on behalf of <User name>” with Yellow highlighted.
- Upon clicking Resume, an alert message below will be displayed.
The Pause icon next to the Prospect name under the Name column will disappear and the prospect(s) activity will be continued. Also, the prospect(s) will be moved to the Active tab.
- If you would like to resume all the paused prospects of a specific group on behalf of a user, search the prospects and click the Resume option from the Action dropdown to resume all the prospects across the page.
- If you would like to resume few paused prospects of a specific group on behalf of a user, search the prospects and select the checkbox in the grid header. Click Resume from the Action dropdown. A confirmation message below will be displayed with prospects count only when the prospects count that meets the criteria/filter applied is greater than the current View Page count (5 or 10 or 25 or 50 or 100).
○ Click the prospects count in blue to resume only the prospects in the current view page, or
○ Click the prospects count in green to resume the entire prospects (that meets the criteria/filter applied) in the tab
Please contact Koncert Support for any questions at email@example.com or 603-952-2505.
NOTE: The information provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as a legal advice. Please consult your legal counsel regarding compliance with relevant laws.